Mrs H – The Bowler Bag – Paper Pattern
Knock ’em down the The Bowler Bag! In a league of its own, this perfectly proportioned carryall pairs a striking structured shape with a soft silhouette. Functional and spacious, with pockets inside and out, The Bowler Bag will be right up your alley for both work and everyday use.
The Bowler Bag has top handles and a crossbody strap, so you can tote it as a handbag, or wear it on your shoulder.
The Bowler Bag is classified as an intermediate/advanced bag sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers
The Bowler Bag sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs.The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces.
The Bowler Bag has finished dimensions of 13.5″ x 10.5″ x 5.5″ (34cm x 26.5cm x 14cm).
What materials do I need?
- 1 3/4 yd (1.6m) Outer
- 1 x FQ Contrast
- 1 yd (0.9m) Lining
- 3 yd (2.75m) Medium weight interfacing (40″ or 90cm wide)
- 18″ x 58″ (46cm x 148cm) Foam stabiliser
- 1/3 yd (0.3m) Fusible Peltex or Vilene S520
- 12″ x 4 3/4″ (30.5cm x 12cm) Bag Base (Plastic grid canvas)
- (1) x 20″ (51cm) #5 zip for the top
- (1) x 10″ (25.5cm) #3 zip for the zipped pocket or use longer and cut to size
- (4) x bag feet
- (25) x Emmaline ‘Medium’ double cap rivets plus setting tools
- (4) x 1″ (2.5cm) Rectangle rings
- (2) x 1″ (2.5cm) Triangle rings
- (1) x 1.5″ (3.8cm) Triglide buckle
- (2) x 1.5″ (3.8cm) Swivel clips
- Double sided basting tape
- Zip foot
- Walking foot
- Duct tape
- Scraps of stabiliser
- Fray check
1 in stock