Caravan Tote & Pouch! A useful and sturdy tote with lots of great organized storage. You’ll be ready to go whenever life calls. Cute coordinating zippered pouch included!
Paper pattern version includes instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations, pattern sheet for all non-rectangular pieces, rotary cutting instructions/measurements for all other pattern pieces (just cut and sew, no need to cut out pattern pieces), full-color cover sheet, all tucked into a resealable poly bag.
- Exterior zippered pocket and exterior flap pocket
- Knitting needle slip pocket & yarn guides
- Bonus Zippered Pouch
- Mix and match your favorite prints!
Advanced beginner to intermediate (depending on what features you choose to include)
Approx. Finished Dimensions: 14” H x 14 1/2” W, 23” including handle, 5” D; Pouch: 7” H x 10 3/4” W
+ Requirements based on 44” wide fabric. FQ=Fat Quarter=18″ x 22″
- Exterior Fabric 3/4 yard (1/2 yard if not making pouch)
- Contrast Top/Pocket Fabric 1/2 yard
- Zippered Pocket Lining Fabric 3/4 yard
- Lining Fabric 1/2 yard
- Lining Center Panel Fabric FQ
- Interior Slip Pocket Fabric FQ
- Handle Fabric** 1/4 yard
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20’’ wide) 2 1/2 yards
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (Pellon 809 – 44” wide) 1 yard
- 14” Zipper (tote); 10” Zipper (pouch)
- 18mm Light-strength Thin Magnetic Snap
- 2 sets 8mm Grommets
- 3 sets Size 24 Metal Snaps
- 2 1/2″ piece 1”-wide Twill Tape/ Ribbon/Thin Leather
**Handle Options: Substitute (2) 25” (or 28″) pieces of 1”-wide leather or (2) 25” (or 28″) pieces of 1”-wide cotton webbing
Additional supplies + tools: Thread, water-soluble pen, 1/4”-wide fusible web tape (optional), cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, seam sealant, turning tool, (2) 1/4” x 5” scraps of leather/ribbon for zipper pull, denim needle, snap setter, grommet setter
Recommended Fabrics: home dec, heavy linen, denim, canvas, twill, duck cloth, for exterior and lining. Quilting cotton for lining.