Andrie Designs – Made For Me Sewing Machine Cover Paper Pattern
An easy to follow sewing pattern to create your very own Made For Me Sewing Machine Cover. This pattern comes with full instructions to create both a custom fit machine cover and a standard fit cover, with tips on finishing edges with bias, adding a pocket on the back for your extension table, AND creating cut outs for those pesky power cords. You’ll be admiring your beautiful new machine cover in no time!
PLEASE NOTE: The paper pieced sewing machine block shown in the cover photo is by Kristy Lea is NOT INCLUDED in this pattern.
The pattern has two main options – either use the standard fit size to quickly whip up a cover for your machine or as a gift for someone else, or use the custom fit size to design a cover that fits your machine perfectly! The pattern comes with full instructions on measuring your machine and drafting the pattern pieces required for the custom fit size.
Also included in this pattern are options to include piping, add a pocket on the back of the cover to store your extension table, presser foot and/or power cord, and also create cut outs so your Made For Me Sewing Machine Cover sits nicely over your machine so you can keep it plugged in when not in use. And YES! This pattern can also be used to make covers for your overlockers/sergers as well!!
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 9 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn.
The finished sizes of the Made For Me Sewing Machine Cover are as follows:
CUSTOM FIT –
- Up to you!
STANDARD FIT –
- Width – 19” (48cm)
- Height – 12″ (30cm)
- Depth – 8″ (20cm)
- Fabric for the outer and lining of your machine cover (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1yd (91cm) of each
- Fabric for the bias strips, straight strips and piping (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/2yd (46cm)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 1yd (91cm) based on a 40” (100cm) width
- Fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 1yd (91cm)
- Cotton cording – 3/32” size (2.5mm size)/size 00, 2yds (1.8m) long (or 2yds/1.8m premade piping)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
3 in stock