The Butterfly Sling Purse features two exterior zipper pockets, a professional looking closure strap, and a long, adjustable, cross body strap.
The surprise is on the inside! When you open just the closure strap only, you can access both a slip pocket and an internal zipper pocket, perfect for coins and bills. From there, you can also access both external zipper pockets that each have cards slot pockets for all of your charge cards. There is plenty of room in these other pockets for other items as well. The “Inside”: Pop the two magnetic snaps open to reveal your ID pocket. Perfect for showing your driver’s license at the post office, a bus pass, or your office ID pass.
This pattern is suitable for an intermediate sewer. Pattern instructions are provided in both imperial and metric measurements and are geared towards an intermediate sewer. Measurements are given to cut pattern pieces with a rotary cutter, ruler and mat.
- Length: 9” (23 cm) across bottom
- Height: 6” (15 cm)
**** You are purchasing a Printed Paper sewing pattern only, not the finished product. This item will be shipped to you.
Fabric and Interfacing:
- 3/4 yd./0.75 m Exterior fabric (quilting cotton, or similar weight fabric recommended)
- 5/8 yd./0.60 m Pocket Interior fabric (quilting cotton recommended)
- 1/4 yd./0.25 m Pellon TP971F Fusible Fleece Thermolam Plus or similar dense needled fusible fleece.
- 1-1/4 yd./1.25 m 20” wide Interfacing for (Lightweight fusible non-woven interfacing suitable for garments, such as Pellon 911FF Fusible Featherweight.)
- (1) Small piece of clear vinyl for ID pocket (I use part of my bed sheets/linen packaging.)
- (2) 12” (30 cm) zippers (nylon zippers, 1” wide, closed end dress zippers)
- (1) 9” (23 cm) zipper (nylon zipper, 1” wide, closed end dress zipper)
- (1) Purse lock approximately 1 to 1.5” wide (25 – 38 mm)
- (2) D-Rings 1” (25 mm) wide (or 1” rectangle rings if preferred)
- (1) Bag strap slider 1” (25 mm) (Inside measurements) for adjustable strap
- (2) Slim magnetic snaps, 5/8” (14 mm)