Mrs H – The Squiffy Sling – Paper Pattern
Simple but stylish, The Squiffy Sling is a great beginner sew. With fun asymmetrical styling but just one pattern piece for outer and lining, it’s a quickie!
One of my most popular sewing patterns, this is a great pattern for showing off your interesting fabrics. Use a solid fabric in a bold colour to contrast with your faux leather base overlay, or use a fun design to really make the shape of the bag pop.
The pattern includes instructions on using a half moon magnetic snap, creating a fully lined cross body strap and adding both zip and slip pockets. There are also placement markings for using a different fastener on the pattern piece.
As this bag sewing pattern has just one main pattern piece, you might find it easiest to use non-directional fabrics.
- Small: 8″ x 9″ x 3″ (20cm x 23cm x 8cm)
- Large: 10″ x 11″ x 4″ (25cm x 28cm x 10cm)
- Half moon magnetic snap
- 1″ triglide slider
- 1″ rectangular ring
- 7″ zip
Small Squiffy Sling Bag:
- 1/2 yd outer fabric
- 1/2 yd lining fabric
- 1/4yd faux leather (52″ wide)
- 1/2yd medium weight fusible (based on 90cm wide, narrower will need more)
- 22″ x 19″ foam stabiliser
Large Squiffy Sling Bag:
- 3/4 yd outer fabric
- 3/4 yd lining fabric
- 1/2 yd faux leather (52″ wide)
- 1 yd medium weight fusible (based on 90cm wide, narrower will need more)
- 28″ x 26″ foam stabiliser
1 in stock